At the top of the Simpleview DAM interface, users will find the product header. This Product Header remains at the top of the DAM interface, regardless of navigation through the product.
Asset View Options
Asset views give users control over how assets display on the screen. Users can customize these views depending on their needs and workflows.
Assets can display in a grid or as a list. The system defaults to a grid view, but users can select the arrow next to the grid icon to toggle between the two options.
Basic asset details and action icons display in each view:
- Asset thumbnail
- DAM Id
- Download Icon
- Edit Icon - this only displays for administrators
Grid View: This default view shows the asset on the grid, with basic asset details listed below.
List View: The List View option displays each asset in a single line, with its basic asset details displayed horizontally.
Number of Assets in View
Select the arrow next to the number icon to change the number of assets displayed on a page. This is also referred to as the scanning selection.
Preview Asset Details
Hover over any asset to see a large image preview. The preview also displays additional asset information, when provided.
Full Asset details may include:
- Asset Title
- Asset Description
- Use Information
The Download Icon displays below the original thumbnail.
Search and Filter Options
The default grid view displays all assets available to a user. The Simpleview DAM offers users the ability to search, sort and filter assets by keywords and/or filter options.
The Keyword filter helps locate assets in your library. Type a word or multiple words and press the Enter key to display results within the library.
The page then updates, displaying assets based on matching keywords found in each asset’s detail information.
Search results display based on the following asset details:
- Asset Title
- Asset Description
- Asset Location
- Asset Use Information
- Asset Credit
- Additional keywords attached to asset (hidden)
The system redirects you to the Assets page upon use of the search feature.
Filter asset results by using the options above the asset view. Using this will narrow the options of assets displayed in the view.
Filter Options that can be used on assets include:
- Asset Type: Filters between the asset types such as images, videos, docs/logos or audio files.
- Orientation: Filters between portrait or landscape for image assets only.
- Categories: Filters between category options set up by a DAM administrator. These are usually set by specific genres of assets.
- Access Groups: Filters between the unique groups set up by a DAM administrator.
Filters can be combined along with keyword functionality to narrow results.
To see available options, click the dropdown arrow next to the filter.
Select the applicable checkboxes from the available filter options. Doing this will populate the ‘Selected Options’ field. Users can also use the ‘Keyword’ box at the top of the list to locate a choice.
Once all options are selected, click the ‘Apply’ button to filter the results in your view. The selected options are then displayed above the view.
Removing Search and Filter Options
Search and filter options applied can be removed from the view as needed. To remove a single filter option, open up the filter and find the ‘Selected Options’. Click the ‘X’ next to the filter option you want to remove. Select ‘Apply’ to complete the removal and update your view with the remaining filter options.
To restore the default view and easily remove all keyword and applied filter options, select the ‘Clear All’ button, located above the filter options.
Saved View Options
Changes made to the view are saved using the ‘Save As’ button. This feature allows users to share and change between saved views using the dropdown menu located next to the ‘Save As’ button.
On the next window, provide the title of view. For example, “Historic Images” could be used for the set filters above.
To share the view with other DAM users, enable the ‘Show for all Users’ option. Don’t forget to use the ‘Save’ button to keep your changes.
Users can edit saved views as needed using the options listed below.
- Overwrite View Options: Use this option to adjust an existing saved view. To make adjustments, access the saved view using the ‘Default View’ dropdown menu. After that, apply new filters or column changes. Lastly, select the ‘Save As’ dropdown and click ‘Overwrite Current View’.
- Edit or Remove Saved Views: Use the ‘Default View’ dropdown menu to manage Saved views. Selecting this menu opens a screen on the side titled ‘Saved Views’. From here, edit the title and sharing options using the pencil icon or delete the saved view by selecting ‘Remove’ using the ellipsis option.
Additional Header Functions
The Simpleview DAM header offers additional functionality for navigating the interface. Some of these options may not be available to all users, depending on their setup and permissions.
- Main Navigation Toggle: This toggle appears when the ‘Nav Display’ is set to “Hidden.” When clicked, the toggle exposes the Main Navigation Panel menu options.
- Library Switch: Select the dropdown caret next to the organization name in the header to navigate between any other asset libraries for which you are registered. If you do not have access to multiple libraries, the dropdown caret does not appear.
- Upload: Select this button to upload assets to your asset library. This feature may not be enabled for all platforms. For more information about uploading assets, click here to read our Adding and Managing Assets Knowledgebase article.
- Get Help: Click this question mark to send a message directly to your site administrator.
- Notifications: Pending download requests appear within this Notifications menu. A badge icon displays when assets are queued for download.
- Beta Switcher: This toggle allows you to switch to the legacy view of Simpleview DAM.
- User Options: Within this menu users are able to adjust their language selection (for participating clients only), view Terms & Conditions, change their Password and Log Out of the platform.
- Pagination: The numbers within the grid page arrows, indicate the current page of assets in view out of the total possible. Using the page arrows allows movement forward or back through the pages.
Main Navigation Panel
Also referred to as the ‘Left Nav’, the Main Navigation Panel contains several menu options. As a navigational constant throughout DAM, it contains menus for accessing various asset management tools, as well as settings for the DAM platform. Hover over each menu to reveal additional submenu options.
The menus and submenus appearing within the Left Nav vary based on permissions granted to each user. Explanations for each are outlined below.
Navigates back to and/or refreshes the main asset view.
Navigates to the user’s download page. From here, users can review and download selected assets. For more information on the Download Queue, click here to read our related Knowledgebase article.
Use this page to upload assets to the library as well as manage the related details. Click here for more information on uploading assets.
This menu displays when the currently logged-in user has created a collection or at least one has been assigned by an administrator. A submenu displays all collections available for management by the current user. Click here for more information on using Collections.
The Settings menu contains the submenus specific to Admin users. These include Add User, User Uploads, and Download Requests. For more information on each, please click here to read our related Knowledgebase Articles.
From within the Review menu, Admin users are able to review different aspects of your DAM website. For more information on each option, click here to read the related Knowledgebase Articles.
This menu allows a user to adjust the display of the Main Navigation Panel.
- Full (Active) displays each menu option with an icon and its title.
- Icons Only displays each menu option as an icon.
- Hidden removes the Main Navigation Panel and enables the Main Navigation Toggle as described above.