At the top of the Simpleview DAM interface, users will find the product header. Users can navigate between views or search the system for assets from the Product Header. The header appears at the top of the DAM interface, regardless of which section users access.
Asset View Options
Asset views give users control over how assets display on their screen. Users can customize these views depending on their needs and workflows.
Assets can display in a grid or as a list. The system defaults to a grid view, but users can select the arrow next to the grid icon to toggle between the two view options.
Basic asset details and action icons display in each view:
- Asset thumbnail
- DAM ID number
- Download Icon
- Edit Icon (this will only display for administrators)
Grid View: This default view shows the asset on the grid, with basic asset details listed below.
List View: The List View option displays each asset in a single line, with its basic asset details displayed horizontally.
Number of Assets in View
Select the arrow next to the number icon to change the number of assets displaying on a page. This also is referred to as the scanning selection.
Preview Asset Details
Hover over any asset to see a large image preview. The preview will also display additional asset information, when provided.
Full Asset details can include the following:
- Asset Title
- Asset Description
- Use Information
The Download Icon displays below the original thumbnail.
Search and Filter Options
The default grid view displays all assets available to a user. The Simpleview DAM offers users the ability to search, sort and filter assets by keywords and/or filter options contained within the header.
All options can be used individually or in combination with each other.
Users can search for assets in various sections of the DAM using the search functionality, located in the header.
Enter the keywords in the search field, then selecting the spyglass icon to initiate the search. This will update the page to display assets for matching keywords found in the assets detail information.
Asset details used to search for assets are as follows:
- Asset Title
- Asset Description
- Asset Location
- Asset Use Information
- Asset Credit
- Additional keywords attached to asset (hidden)
Assets results can be filtered using the filter options above the asset view. Using this will narrow the options of assets displayed in the view.
Filter Options that can be used on assets include:
- Asset Type: Filters between the asset types such as images, videos, docs/logos or audio files.
- Orientation: Filters between portrait or landscape for image assets only.
- Categories: Filters between category options set up by the DAM admins. These are usually set by specific genres of assets.
Filters can be used in combination with each other and the keyword search functionality.
To apply a filter, select the dropdown arrow next to the desired filter to display a list of filter options.
Select the applicable checkboxes from the available filter options. Doing this will populate the ‘Selected Options’ field. Users can also use the ‘Keyword’ filter at the top of the dropdown to locate specific filter options.
Once all options are selected, click the ‘Apply’ button to filter the results in your view. The selected filter options will display above the view.
Removing Search and Filter Options
Search and filter options applied can be removed from the view as needed. To remove a single filter option, open up the filter and find the ‘Selected Options’. Click the ‘X’ next to the filter option you want to remove. Select ‘Apply’ to complete the removal and update your view with the remaining filter options.
To restore the default view and easily remove all keyword and applied filter options, select the ‘Clear All’ button, located above the filter options.
Saved View Options
View options and their applied filters can be saved by using the ‘Save As’ dropdown at the top right of the grid. This saved views feature allows users to share and switch between saved views using the view dropdown menu located next to the ‘Save As’ button.
To create a Saved View, apply any search, filter or view options and then select the ‘Save As’ dropdown and click the ‘Save as New View’ option. This will open up a slide panel which will prompt to can enter a name for your new view.
By default, saved views only displays for the user that creates it. To share the saved view with other admin users in the DAM, use the toggle ‘Show for All Users’.
Once created, the saved view will be added to the dropdown options under ‘Default View’ from the top right of the grid.
Users can edit saved views as needed using the options listed below.
- Overwrite View Options: Use this option to adjust an existing saved view. To make adjustments, access the saved view using the ‘Default View’ dropdown menu. After that, apply new filters or column changes. Lastly, select the ‘Save As’ dropdown and click ‘Overwrite Current View’
- Edit or Remove Saved Views: Use the ‘Default View’ dropdown menu to manage Saved views. Selecting this menu opens a screen on the side titled ‘Saved Views’. From here, edit the title and sharing options using the pencil icon or delete the saved view by selecting ‘Remove’ using the ellipsis option.
Additional Header Functions
The Simpleview DAM header offers additional functionality for navigating the interface. Some of these options may not be available to all users, depending on their setup and permissions.
- Library Switch: Select the dropdown caret next to the organization name in the header to navigate between any other DAM libraries for which you are registered. If a user does not have access to multiple libraries, they will not find this option available.
- Logout: Click this button to log out of the DAM.
- Upload Button: Select this button to upload assets to the DAM library. This feature may not be enabled for all platforms. Click here for more information about uploading assets in the DAM Knowledge Base.
- Page Jump: Jump to a specific page of assets in the DAM Library using the grid page arrows.
Using the Side Navigation
Find additional DAM functions in the left sidebar options. Use these options to navigate to the various tools for managing assets and settings in the DAM. As with the header, the side navigation remains a persistent element of the DAM interface.
1. DAM Logo: Navigates back to and/or refreshes the main asset view.
2. View All Assets: Navigates back to and/or refreshes the main asset view.
3. Download Queue: Navigates to the user’s download page. This is where a user can review and download all selected assets. Click here for more information on the download queue in the DAM Knowledge Base.
4. Upload Assets: Navigates to the upload page. This is where a user can upload and manage new asset details. Click here for more information on uploading assets in the DAM Knowledge Base.
This option may not be enabled on all platforms and is only applicable for users who have permissions to upload assets.
5. Collections: Opens a dropdown displaying Collections that the user has created and/or has been assigned by an administrator. Selecting a Collection opens the Collection page where a user can access and manage available assets. Click here for more information on using collections in the DAM Knowledge Base.
Only users who have permissions can create collections.
6. User: Opens a dropdown which displays the user options. Here you can change your password, review the terms and conditions for use and access FAQs on using the DAM.