What Assets Types Are Available in the DAM?
The Simpleview DAM supports several asset types. These include images, videos, documents, logos and audio files.
When a user logs into the DAM system, only asset types for which the user has been granted access are displayed. Use the search, filter and view options found at the top of the grid to locate and manage assets as needed. For more information about views, searches and filters, click here to access our "Navigating the DAM Interface" Knowledgebase article.
The Download Queue allows users the management of assets for downloading. Additionally, the creation and sharing of collections is available.
Adding Assets to Queue
The first step of downloading assets from the DAM is to add them to the Download Queue. Use the download icon to select an asset from the Asset Library to add it to the Download Queue. When hovering over an asset, an image preview, along with related details, displays.
In the next window, select the desired asset size for download. The available options vary, depending on the related asset.
Once the asset is selected, the system provides a confirmation indicating that your requested asset has been added to the Download Queue.
The notifications menu also updates with the number of assets added to the Download Queue.
Managing the Download Queue
The Download Queue is accessible from the Main Navigation Panel and the Notifications menu. From here, users can manage previously queued assets.
Access from Main Navigation Panel
Access from Notifications Menu
The Download Queue displays all the assets selected for download, along with their details, as outlined below.
Asset details include the following:
- Thumbnail: A small preview of the asset. Asset Title: The name used to identify the asset in the DAM platform.
- File Size: The total file size of the asset according to the format and size selected for download.
- Use Information: Data in this field indicates how the asset may be utilized along with any related restriction after download.
- Location: If available, this field provides geolocation data specific to the asset’s creation.
- Credit: This field displays the publishing source for the asset.
- Selected File Size: The format and size of the asset selected for download.
There are two ways to download assets from the queue. Each is dependent on configurations made by an administrator.
Option 1: Download Assets
If the DAM administrators have set the system to download without requesting, users see the following option. Download an individual asset by selecting the ‘Download’ option.
To select and download all assets within the queue, use the ‘Download All’ button.
When using the ‘Download All’ option, assets are downloaded individually — not in a zip file
The above options prompt the system to download the asset(s) to your device. All the assets will remain in your queue until removed.
Option 2: Request to Download
For some users or DAM systems, submitting a download request is a requirement.
In this case, use the ‘Request’ button next to the desired asset.
Once clicked, a screen appears displaying the usage guidelines for the asset. The administrators of the DAM platform set these guidelines. You are required to complete the ‘How will you be using this asset?’ field to proceed.
Please be as detailed as possible to assist administrators in the approval process.
After reviewing the guidelines and completing the information about the asset’s use, select the ‘Agree’ button to complete the process of submitting the request.
One of the following actions occurs once an asset request is submitted.
- Instant Approval: The user can immediately download the asset(s) from the queue, using the steps outlined in “Option 1: Download Assets.”
- Admin Approval: After a user submits a request, an administrator then approves or denies the download request. In either case, the system sends the requesting user a notification with directions for further action.
- Approved by Admin: The user can download asset(s) from the queue, using the steps outlined in “Option 1: Download Assets.”
- Denied by Admin: The user cannot download the asset(s). The user should contact the DAM administrators for further information.
There are two options for removing assets from the Download Queue. The first is selecting the ‘Remove’ button on an individual asset within the queue.
The other option is using the ‘Remove All’ button located at the top of the queue.