What are Funnels?
Funnels are a way to see what steps users are taking in the app, in order to help you optimize the completion rates of these steps, or events within your app.
Funnels are open, which means users do not have to complete a previous step in order to be included in the metrics for a subsequent step. They are to be used for naturally occurring sequences within the app. You can create up to 200 funnels per project.
Accessing the Funnels Section for Firebase Console
Open the side navigation menu on the Firebase Console. Select the ‘Analytics’ section to open its dropdown menu.
Under the ‘Analytics’ subcategory list, select ‘Funnels’.
Unlike the other sections of the Firebase Analytics, you cannot filter the data using ‘Filters’ and no default date is applied.
Navigating the Data for Funnels
The main table for the Funnels section displays the following:
- Funnel name: The specified name you gave to the sequence of steps.
- Description: Text that specifies the detail of the Funnel
Information from your Funnels table can be exported using the ‘Download CSV’ option from the top bar of the table.
Select the Funnel Name to be brought to the Detail View page. Within the Funnel Detailed View Page, there are graphs and tables detailing the following information that will be useful to you regarding your app.
Funnel Detail View Page - By the Numbers
- Use to toggle between the different Funnels to display their results
- Add Filter: use to filter the data of your Funnels
Click Here for a Demonstration
- Use to select a different date range for your data. Default is set to a 28 day period.
- Click on this area to download the data as a CSV file.
- This graph displays the following:
- Users: The number of total users involved in any step of the funnel.
- The left side of the graph shows the number of users who completed the first step.
- As you move to the right side of the graph, you will see the number of users who completed the subsequent steps in the funnel.
- Users: The number of users that completed the step.
- Event Count: The number of times the step was completed.
- Event Value: Only relevant to paid apps. As you move to the right side of the table, you will see data for the subsequent steps in the funnel.
Creating a New Funnel
Click ‘NEW FUNNEL’ in the upper right-hand corner of the table.
This will open up a new window to create a folder. Enter a name and description for the Funnel. Select the first two events you want to use as steps in the funnel. Note if you would like to add more steps, select the ‘ADD ANOTHER EVENT’ button. When all steps are complete, select ‘CREATE’.