What is the App Engagement Dashboard?
The App Engagement Dashboard is an analytics dashboard built into your VisitApps Mobile App Studio (MAS). There are several pieces of data about your app’s usage available in the dashboard. You can use this information to help you understand how users are engaging with your app.
How Do I Access the App Engagement Dashboard?
To access your App Engagement Dashboard, select the ‘Menu’ dropdown. Then select ‘App Engagement’.
This will display all of your app’s analytics information.
What Data Can I See in the App Engagement Dashboard?
Each piece of data displayed in the App Engagement Dashboard has two views. A data point view and a summary view.
- Summary View: The summary view is what you will see by default when you open the App Engagement Dashboard.
- Data Point View: To see the data for a specific date, hover over the data box of interest. You will see a timeline appear. You can use this to find the data for a specific date.
Dashboard - By the Numbers
- Time Frame: The list of buttons on the left hand side of the screen allow you to select the time frame you want to view data from. You can choose to look at specific months, quarters, years, all time or even a custom date range.
The data in the App Engagement Dashboard will adjust to reflect the time range you’ve selected. The summary view will give you the average of all the data in the selected time frame.
- Score: The overall engagement score is calculated by a formula that weighs total app downloads, active users and push message engagement over time. This score gives you an overview of how engaged your users are. The highest score you can receive is a 10.
- Total Downloads: This displays the number of downloads that happened over the time period.
- Average Unique Users: This displays the cumulative average number of app users within a given range of time.
For example, if you look at the start of your timeline, you would see zero users. This is because no apps were installed when you initially launched the app. If within the month after you launched, 80 people downloaded your app, you would see ‘80’ for that month. If the following month, another 60 people downloaded the app, you would see ‘140’ for the cumulative number of app installs at that time.
- Average Monthly Active Users: This displays the average number of unique users who were active at least once within the past 30 days.
- Median Time Spent in App: This displays the median amount time spent in the app across all users. The time is displayed in minutes.
- Total Messages Sent: This displays the number of push messages you sent over the time period.
- Average Opted In to Push: This displays the number of devices that are opted in to receive push notifications. This data point only counts push notifications sent to everyone. It does not calculate push messages that are sent to groups or regions.
- Average Weekly Active Users: This displays the number of unique users who were active at least once within the past 7 days. Users are counted by device. If the app is opened multiple times on the same device, it will only count as one active user.
- Total Actions Taken: This displays the number of actions taken on a push message. For example, if you are sharing information about an upcoming event in the push message, you may have an action for users to save that event’s information to their device. If a user does this, it will be counted in their ‘Total Actions Taken’ data box.
- Average Daily Message Views: This displays the number of daily push message views across all devices.
- Total Sessions: This displays the number of sessions across all devices. A session is counted every time the app is opened. If the same user opens the app five times in one day, it will be counted at five different sessions.